Thursday, December 17, 2020

Risky Business!

 Sometimes you just have to take a risk, a leap of faith if you will, at Goodwill. 

Case in point- I found this champagne bucket at GW this week and it was completely black with tarnish. It was in good shape otherwise, without dings or scrapes. And it was $2.99. At that price I felt like I could be a "risk taker!" And it has been "slim picking" at GW for quite a while and I don't go often right now so it was exciting to find a little $3 treasure.

(The before...)

You never know... but a little silver polish and less than 20 minutes and I had a beautiful champagne bucket in perfect condition.


I have a small collection of champagne buckets (all thrifted for under $10) that I keep on top of my refrigerator. I love to use them when we entertain and they always make an appearance at our 'Get Merry with Mimosas" Ladies Brunch each December.

Here's a quick morning light pic from IG - you can see my little collection on the fridge.

We didn't have our ladies brunch this year and there isn't any entertaining in our near future so I put my pretty, new-to-me find to good use.

A little magnolia and cedar from the yard.


I'm a displaced Low Country gal so I added in some oyster shells.
I washed them well and then hot glued a bamboo skewer on the back. 


I had a short strand of tiny little battery operated lights so I added those in for a little extra sparkle!


So, $2.99 well spent!



No comments:

Post a Comment