Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Bamboo Cabinets

 The trio of bamboo cabinets at the back of my family room have gotten quite a few comments on Instagram over the last few weeks (plus I just changed up a few of the items inside!) so I thought I might as well blog about them ;) 




They are a very lucky thrifting find from Goodwill. It had probably been a year  (I kid you not) since I had found anything at that location. But I was over that way and it is the GW where I found the amazing bamboo dining table and chairs I use in my kitchen so I figured I might as well pop in. 

And there they were - all lined up in a row!


They were in amazing condition and two of them were under $20.00 each and one was priced at $15.00 because the glass in the door was missing (easy fix.) 
They had all of their glass shelves as well. 
I couldn't grab those tags fast enough. 
I wasn't sure if I could use all 3 but I figured that someone would be interested in them if I couldn't. I was right - I had offers as soon as I posted a pic on IG.

We had (at the time) a very cool cabinet on the back wall of our family room. We had thrifted it when Mollie was in elementary school and it came out of an old school library.  You can see more about that here.


I decided to move that cabinet to our Library 
and use the trio of bamboo cabinets in our family room.

I took a few pictures of them with the interior lights on. I don't turn them on often but I do love the glow at night when we do!

Cooper remains unimpressed with the cabinets or the photo shoot!


I recently rearranged a few things and added three 
of my prized Sweet Grass baskets from Charleston!


The center light house is Morris Island Light off of Folly beach and a favorite childhood site!
The shells have come home with me from travels and the stack of primitive clay bowls were a gift from the mother and grandmother of a little girl we delivered a wheelchair to in a remote mountain village in Honduras. I carried those bowls all the way home to be sure they made it intact! The photo in the shell frame is of Mollie sand dollar hunting on Tybee Island many years ago. 


It's fun to have the display space and to change things around from time to time but I try not to get them too 'busy' visually because of the way they are situated in the room.

So even though I don't find things at that particular thrift store often it has definitely been the store where I have found some of my biggest finds! 
Do you have a "lucky" thrifting spot?



2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a find! When I first began frequenting our local GW locations (we are fairly close to three different ones), I found several treasures. My treasures were things like a lid for a vintage Corning Ware dish or something, though. Nothing so wonderful as you got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! And keep looking!! As I said I hadn't found anything at this spot in a year!! And most of my treasures that I find are much, much smaller for sure!!

    ReplyDelete