Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Faded Beauties...

 


Every January my local Publix grocery store has about a week and a half 
when the store is filled with 
"Buy One, Get One Free" bouquets of roses. 
Two dozen roses for a little over $10.00!!
I've written about this before.


I posted pictures of the fresh, beautiful roses on my Instagram account.
They had every color of rose imaginable.
I put them everywhere.


Eventually they begin to fade. 
I keep them for as long as I possibly can. 
I refresh the water and trim the stems to prolong the beauty.
 Roses are worth it. 


And then the roses begin to dry and the petals become papery. 
I leave them in the vase on the counter until there isn't any moisture left in the bloom. 
There are a lot of different ways to dry roses but this works for me. 
Not every bloom dries perfectly but I usually have over half of them dry beautifully.





I snip them from the stem and arrange them in a bowl 
or on a little blue and white chinoiserie plate. 
They don't have much scent but you can take a cotton ball and put a few drops of essential oil on a cotton ball and tuck it under the blooms.





They don't last forever - when they get too fragile or the color fades you can just toss them 
and treat yourself to another bouquet of roses and dry those!

No comments:

Post a Comment