Thursday, September 14, 2017

Never Give Up!

I would like to preface this post by saying that it was written well before all of the hurricanes and fires and so many people lost so much. It's difficult to post things like this when so many are leaving Atlanta and returning to devastation in Florida. (I cannot imagine the feeling - we are anxious just waiting to hear about our little condo timeshare where we go each year for a week of relaxation and fun in The Keys.) But if I were in their shoes I would not begrudge anyone their warm and safe home and, truth be told, I would be reading blogs and looking at curb appeal ideas on Pinterest as a motivator.
 So,

Never, Ever Give Up!

After saying for years and years that my husband would never agree
 to painting our brick white...
Guess what?
He said YES!!!!!!

I have not loved my brick for decades.
I am thankful to have a home and don't take it for granted
 but I just didn't love the brick.
 Ever.

I love white houses.
Plain and simple.

So until I have an "after" to show 
let's just bask in the happy glow of knowing that white paint is coming my brick's way!!

That beauty is in Atlanta. We do love our white painted brick in the South.


Photo

Navy Blue Front Door on the White Painted Brick Home of Gwyneth Paltrow LoveNowSellLater.com
(Gwyneth Paltrow's perfect painted brick home)

To liven up the home’s exterior, the brick was painted white and accented with charming pale blue shutters.

Atlanta again. See what I mean?


Formal lawn surrounding thatched country house with shutters

My soon-to-be white painted brick home is slightly more modest than Bunny Mellon's Upper Eastside townhouse.
;)
The courtyard of Bunny Mellon's Upper East Side townhouse (now for sale).

The other thrilling aspect of this white painted brick excitement is that picking a front door color becomes limitless!!! 
I know!! So exciting.

Image result for front door colors

I'm on it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment