Friday, December 7, 2018

#throwback Christmas Projects for Children

I'm throwing it back to when I used to design craft projects for children- 
just in case you are looking for some meaningful projects for this season and a way to spend creative time with your children or grandchildren!
(Follow all of the links for early blog posts with details and/or instructions)
Oh, and these posts are very old - pardon the primitiveness of my blogging! 

First up, an inexpensive and easy Advent Wreath. It just takes a little bit of time because of drying times but it's not too late to get this going for this year and the whole family could make it together.



This Advent Calendar was a huge hit. It's reusable and cost about $2.00 to make. Seriously!
I still have parents tell me that it's the first thing they pull out when they decorate and I taught their children a decade ago! Some of them are in college! 
But Christmas traditions are strong!



I wish I had a better picture - it's so cute filled with all of the ornaments and #25 is the star!
It's so, so simple. It's made from a Dollar Store cookie sheet, some spray paint I had on hand, craft paint and some foam shapes. Most people have to buy magnet tape for this but if you have some of the free advertising refrigerator magnets people send in the mail then you might have everything you need on hand. 


And here is a tiny Nativity that anyone and everyone can make! 
I've taught 3 year olds all the way up to senior adults to create these.






I used Altoid tins for a while that I spray painted black. They were free but it became difficult to collect the hundreds I needed when my craft camps were full so I switched to the little paper mache boxes and I really liked the simplicity and texture they added to the project. They are less than a dollar so it's still economical. 
You can also put the verse sticker on the back of the box, use the lid for another tiny Nativity and add a hanger to the top and hang it on the Christmas tree.


So gather up some supplies and found items, dollar tree finds and things on hand and create some Christmas crafting memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment