Monday, February 11, 2019

Things I love Month - Entry 3

Continuing this months look at "Things I Love" brings me to...
a good garden center.
Especially this time of year when I have Spring fever.
This year's case is quite serious 
and I'm already thinking about plant combinations for my big pots 
and small projects I want to do in the yard.
I'm so ready for Spring. 

I went to Charleston last week for a few days and managed to squeeze in a trip between family visits and beach walks to a new-to-me garden center called Hyam's.
It is the favorite nursery of my 90 year old cousin who is still planting flowers and growing beautiful ferns and such. 
She said it was worth the drive over to Folly Road so I went.

She has never led me astray on anything in all of these years 
(best place to buy shrimp, how to sail, best crabbing spots, driving a golf cart and more)
 and she was so right!!
I wanted to buy all.the.plants.


Look at these plant combos in their window boxes and containers.






And the petunia varieties were fabulous. 


We are a loooong way from being able to plant petunias in Atlanta but if we had been a bit closer I would not have been able to resist either of these!



I hope I can find the variety above here in Atlanta. 
Or maybe a road trip back to Hyam's in a couple of months to stock up!!

They had an amazing assortment of fountains.



And look at the painted decking floors in this section of the greenhouse.
Black and tan checkerboard. 
This is perfection. And inspiring.
I have considered painting a pattern on my screened porch floor 
and this makes me want to go for it!
How to keep Cooper out of a major floor painting project is a less exciting thought.


This makes me so impatient for my hydrangeas to bloom this Summer!


 I'm definitely using this idea. So simple but so clever. 
And a great way to draw the eye up in the garden.
I can't wait to do this. 
I've been looking to see where I can hang some of these
 and no one will walk into them and conk their head :)


Isn't this the greatest idea?
They've simply knotted rope and strung a variety of clay pots on them.
I think it's fantastic.
What do you think? Is this something you would try in your garden?

Do you have a favorite garden center that gives you great inspiration for plant combos and accents?
Do tell. I'm always up for a visit to a really great garden center!

No comments:

Post a Comment