Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Things I Love Month

February is such a great month. 


Hopefully, an early Spring is around the corner.
We often have mild days in the South during February. 
(Today was 64 degrees!)
Pink and hearts are everywhere. 
I love pink and hearts. Can't help myself.


So, I'm going to talk about things I love this month.
First up, romantic, valentines-y MOVIES!

I love to go to the movies and to watch movies at home, too.
True story - Netflix and Hulu were invented for me :)
I cannot watch TV in real time - like, tune in each week. 
I've never been able to do it. 
Years ago, I never watched Sex and the City
 (which all of my friends raved about and wouldn't miss)
 until I could get it on DVD and watch it.
I just watched movies until Netflix came along and made binge watching shows cool.
So, I have a lot of favorites in the Love Stories category.


1. Love Story. Seems pretty obvious given the title. I still love this movie.


2. Something's Gotta Give. Is it the house? The love triangle? Or is just how stinkin' cute Keanu Reeves is?


3. The Fault In Our Stars. This one is just so, so sweet. And sad.


4. The Notebook. The house. The scenery. His cute smile. Her laugh. The well told story. 
It's all so good. And really I could put most of the Nicholas Sparks movies on this list of February binge watching love story winners.



The little boy is so cute in this movie. 
That bear, Howard, is too cute and there are so many funny lines in this movie. 
Plus Tom and Meg.
     

Meg again. And the deli scene. What's not to love?




And then, of course, there's Casablanca.


So many great love stories - classic and new. 

I have watched All That Heaven Allows so many times!
It fueled my childhood dream to live in a warehouse or loft or mill. 
Some utilitarian space with great windows!


And then the very versatile movie It's A Wonderful Life
A love story and a Christmas movie!
So watch it whenever you want a feel good love story!


What are your favorite Valentine's/Love Story movies??
Do share!
I'm always up for a good movie recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment