Monday, January 23, 2017

#trending


Remember how I sometimes like to pretend I'm trendy or even AHEAD of a trend??
(Which probably means I was off, not ahead, but who cares since I don't consider myself a trend follower anyway.) 

Tudor Storage Ottoman

Just saw this upholstered storage ottoman over on Wayfair's site.
For $215.00

I made this one from a Target Back to College stool that was under $20.00 
In 2012!!

More details here if you want to save a few $$.

It's in an article called "Trending Now: Tropical Bedrooms"
Hello?
We are nothing if not all about the tropical bedroom look. 
Always. 
Inland or on vacay.
 It's our look.
So I decided to scroll through and see what I else I might have going on at my house that is in the "now trending tropical bedroom" category.
Apparently I'm looking for validation for some reason.

4.75" x 9" Pineapple Figurine
Pineapple  - Got that covered, too.

 Palm Leaf Throw Pillow
Palm leaf. Check. Check.

And, Pantone's Color of the Year 2017???
Good thing I bought these vintage rattan swivel chairs in that exact green!!
The "greenery" vinyl seat were in perfect condition. 
The rest of the chair got a coat of glossy white and are looking spiffy in my office!


I painted over that exact color in my first One Room Challenge in 2015.
4 coats of white to cover.
Just sayin'


I still like the color but 4 walls times 4 coats???
I'm no expert but maybe think about small accessories this go 'round!

#trendsetterinthemaking

No comments:

Post a Comment